LL-L "Delectables" 2009.03.13 (02) [E]

Fri Mar 13 16:57:29 UTC 2009

From: Roger Thijs, Euro-Support, Inc. *<roger.thijs at euro-support.be>*
Subject: LL-L "Delectables" 2009.03.13 (01) [E]

> From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Delectables

> Below I'm correcting what appear to be typos, and I am also updxating some
according to the new spelling rules, also comments:

*Thanks for the correction of typos. The ß is kept as it was in the
original.*

   - > Holsteiner all > Holsteiner Aal (eel)?  *YES*
   -  > All in Dillegelee > Aal (?) in Dillgelee  *YES*
   - Plumen und Klüten > Plummen un Klüten *with one m in the original*  (Low
   Saxon for "plums and dumplings")? *Pflaumen und Klöße*

·         Snute un Poten > Snuten un Poten *No n in the original*

   - Hamburger Beefsteak mit Zwiebeln [the meat is left whole, not ground,
   as one may think for a hamburger]

This appears to be a different thing from the *Frikadelle*, the grandfather
of the American hamburger. *For the meat it says "Zuerst die Beefsteaks mit
dem Pfeffer einreiben und eine gute 1/2 Stunde bei Zimmertemperatur ruhen
lassen."*

   - Hamburger Stubenküchen > Hamburger Stubenkuchen? *Actually it is
   Hamburger Stubenküken (chicken)*
   - Goodkuul sössuur > söötsuur  *Gooskuul sössuur in the original* ("sweet
   and sour" in Low Saxon). But what is *Goodkuul*? *Gänsekeule süßdauer*
   - Hamburger Rgabarber-Erdbeergrütze > Hamburger
Rabarber-Erdbeergrütze*Rhabarber in the original
   *
   - Heißewecken > Heißwecken? *Heißewecken in the original*
   - Hamburger grog > Hamburger Grog
   *Grog* may be an English loanword. I believe this particular drink is the
   one made from rum, sugar and hot water. *Yes, with Würfelzucker and
   braunen Rum.*

*Sorry for the typing mistakes;*

*Regards,*

*Roger*