LL-L "Etymology" 2009.03.19 (01) [E]

Thu Mar 19 14:29:09 UTC 2009

From: Diederik Masure <didimasure at hotmail.com>

Subject: LL-L "Etymology" 2009.03.18 (05) [A/E]

Luc:
braai are indeed calves tho, not the same as knieholte? uëgnisse (groin) is
called, with an old Antwerpian word, iëkenisse. probably the same word altho
I cant place the sound correspondences here. In antwerp one sits on their
"(h)ukkes", plural. Why wouldnt it be related to dutch hurk(en)? r's dont
normally drop in that positions, true, but the resemblance and as far as i
know identical use seems too coincidental...
Diederik