LL-L "Literature" 2009.05.31 (02) [EN]

Sun May 31 21:25:13 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 31 May 2009 - Volume 02

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
 Subject: Literature

Hello, Lowlanders!

Some of you may be familiar with the Afrikaans evergreen song "Kinders van
die wind" (Children of the Wind). It was written by the South African singer
and song writer Koos du Plessis who unfortunately died in a car accident in
1984 at the age of 39.

The song was made particularly popular by Laurika Rauch. Personally I prefer
du Plessis's original performance.

You will find both of them plus a modernized version, all in video form, on
a Gallery page on which I added my singable Low Saxon version.

Please note that you can lay your cursor (without clicking) onto any word in
the Afrikaans and Low Saxon versions to see English and German glosses
appear. This way those of you without comprehension of the languages can get
a very good idea of the contents of the lyrics.

Here it is:
http://lowlands-l.net/gallery/hahn_wind.php

Seattle, USA