LL-L "Etymology" 2009.10.20 (02) [EN]

Tue Oct 20 18:29:58 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 20 October 2009 - Volume 02
lowlands at lowlands-l.net - http://lowlands-l.net/

From: DAVID COWLEY <DavidCowley at anglesey.gov.uk>
Subject: LL-L "Etymology" 2009.10.15 (03) [EN]

Very interesting - this level of local detail is something which seems to
get overlooked normally, focus normally being given to features such as
rivers and hills. Going further than this should become part of a thorough
study of all England and Lowland Scotland. Hadn't heard about Davies' book
before, which sounds really interesting - shall keep an eye out for it.

David