LL-L "Travels" 2010.12.29 (03) [EN]

Wed Dec 29 22:59:16 UTC 2010

L O W L A N D S - L - 29 December 2010 - Volume 03
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Roger Thijs, Euro-Support, Inc. <roger.thijs at euro-support.be>

Subject: LL-L "Travels" 2010.12.29 (01) [EN]

From: Pat Reynolds <pat at caerlas.co.uk>

> First to Roger's Mid-Atlantic:

> There are 'Dutch' buildings mentioned in
Upton    Dell (ed.)    1986    America's Architectural Roots: Ethnic Groups
that Built America
and I identified a few more in the HABS/HAER database (
http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/collections/habs_haer/index.html)
> I can send details if you are interested in hunting them up.

Thanks for the tip.What I had in mind was visiting Southern Delmarva. I
never have been visiting Delaware further South than Dover. Target would
eventually be the old "Zwaanendael", now "Lewes", and the "Cape Henlopen
State Park" but I have no idea whether it will be worthwhile in the winter.

If the weather is bad, I plan to hang around in the Brandywine valley near
the Concord Pike, North of Wilmington. I think there is a historical DuPont
museum there somewhere.

All suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

Roger