LL-L "Language education" 2010.07.05 (01) [EN]

Mon Jul 5 16:02:17 UTC 2010

*L O W L A N D S - L - 05 July 2010 - Volume 01*
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Kevin & Cheryl Caldwell <kevin.caldwell1963 at verizon.net>

Subject: LL-L "Language education" 2010.07.04 (01) [EN]

In the US, we’d call them the “host parents” or “host family.”

Kevin Caldwell

Laurel, MD

From: Jonny <jonny.meibohm at arcor.de>

Subject: LL-L "Language education"!

I told him to inform his "Gast-Eltern" (no match for this word either in
dict.cc or in Leo!!!; it could be "parents for a time" or "hosting parents")
that he is living in the region "Hadeln" - the original area where the
Anglo-Saxons started their journey to the British Islands some 1,500 years
ago ;-)!

I hope he will learn a lot and not put any shame to his parents ;-)!