LL-L "Language varieties" 2011.04.25 (05) [EN-NDS]

Tue Apr 26 01:05:19 UTC 2011

L O W L A N D S - L - 25 April 2011 - Volume 04
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Tom Mc Rae <thomas.mcrae at bigpond.com>
Subject: LL-L "Language varieties" 2011.04.24 (02) [EN]

Well outside your topic area but on our Saturday Australian TV News had a
fascinating feature on the last 700 Samaritans in the world celebrating
Passover on the West Bank. The ceremony was conducted in very ancient Hebrew
and ended with a mass slaughter of goats and sheep which were then roasted.
Their spokesman claimed they were the last descendants of those in The
Exodus.