LL-L "Idiomatica" 2011.08.31 (03)

Lowlands-L lowlands.list at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 31 18:06:18 UTC 2011

 L O W L A N D S - L - 31 August 2011 - Volume 03
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Henry Pijffers henry.pijffers at gmail.com
Subject: LL-L "Idiomatica" 2011.08.31 (01) [EN-NL]

Sandy wrote:

>> Liefde en taal, daar raak je niet over uit gepraat en geschreven, zowel
>> over liefde als over taal. Die combinatie brengt mij tot de volgende
>> gedachte.
>
> Yes, if the question or the list were about metaphysics or romance.
>
> However, the question is only about how to say a simple phrase in
different
> languages. It was done to death.

You're right, the question was even about how to say a simple phrase
in *one* language. A question I have since been able to find in the
archives. On my first attempt I didn't notice the full message text is
presented below the list of message headers, and I wasn't planning on
clicking through 110+ messages. However, I should've spent just a
little bit longer searching, my fault.

To say that it was "done to death" however, is a bit of an
overstatement, isn't it? Besides the one that answered my question, I
didn't find that many messages on the subject, really.

cheers,
Henry

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com