LL-L "Humor" 2011.06.05 (01) [EN]

Sun Jun 5 16:42:35 UTC 2011

L O W L A N D S - L - 05 June 2011 - Volume 01
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Sandy Fleming fleemin at live.co.uk
Subject: LL-L "Humor" 2011.06.04 (05) [EN]

> From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Humor

> Sandy,

> Perhaps John Cleese was channeling Basil Fawlty at the time.

Ron, who are you channeling? I'm surprised to hear you making excuses for
this sort of thing.

Basil Fawlty's quite different: he's trying to do the right thing, he's just
confused about what it is.

This. Is. Typical!

Sandy Fleming
http://scotstext.org/

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Humor

Sandy,

I was *trying* to channel someone sarcastic, but ...

For the record, I absolutely do not approve of that some of stereotyping.

Seattle, USA