LL-L "Idiomatica" 2011.05.23 (03) [EN]

Mon May 23 17:53:35 UTC 2011

L O W L A N D S - L - 23 May 2011 - Volume 03
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: "Stellingwerfs Eigen" <info at stellingwerfs-eigen.nl>
Subject: LL-L "Just for fun"

Dear Lowlanders,
Did I already thank you for your input about the Frisian answer on the
question 'How are You?': It koe minder?
Thanks (again) anyway. It was good to hear that it's (almost) a common
posibility.

Just another funny story between Frisians and other Dutchman. In Dutch we
have an expression: 'Het kan net', wich says: 'Yes, it is (just) possible'.
Also in The Netherlands, but in Fryslân then, we have the expression: 'Ik
kin net', wich clearly says: 'No, it is definitely not possible'.
Can you immaging how many events occur where things go wrong! We often go to
a sluice-gate to look when ships are comming in or going out. It's realy
(summer)fun for a low price.
Mit een vrundelike groet uut Stellingwarf,
Piet Bult

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com