LL-L "Language varieties" 2012.08.01 (02) [EN-NDS]

Lowlands-L lowlands.list at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 1 21:41:53 UTC 2012

 L O W L A N D S - L - 01 August 2012 - Volume 02
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Ingmar Roerdinkholder <roerd096 at PLANET.NL>
Subject: LL-L "Language varieties" 2012.07.31 (01) [EN-NDS]

Dick anwered most of Joachim's questions about our Low Saxon's
pronunciation very well already.
A few remarks:
"ieje" = you  (sg. and pl.) is not ie + (Dutch) je, but merely an -e to
indicate emphasis, as in ik - ikke.
dim. suffix -ien has the pronunciation of a nasal ie, often it's pronounced
and spelt as just ie. I don't think it's long, but the nasal sound may give
that impression...

Ingmar

From: Dick van Faassen faasco at gmail.com