LL-L "Language varieties" 2012.07.29 (01) [EN]

Lowlands-L lowlands.list at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jul 29 19:11:22 UTC 2012

 L O W L A N D S - L - 29 July 2012 - Volume 01
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Ingmar Roerdinkholder <roerd096 at PLANET.NL>
Subject: LL-L "Language varieties" 2012.07.28 (02) [EN]

Beste Luc (en andere laaglanders),

Very interesting. I'm convinced that the Wilamovians consider(ed)
themselves as Non-German, but of Flemish, Dutch and Anglo-Saxon origin. And
probably that is true for a great part of the original settlers. But in
their language I don't see much traces of that, it looks really German, not
even with a mixture of Low German. Only one word, "an" or "ana" = and,
instead of an expected German "und" or "un" stroke me as a possible Western
word.

Met vriendelijke groet,
Ingmar

Beste Roger (and other Lowlanders),