LL-L "Language politics" 2012.05.24 (01) [EN]

Lowlands-L lowlands.list at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 24 18:24:44 UTC 2012

 L O W L A N D S - L - 24 May 2012 - Volume 02
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Paul Finlow-Bates wolf_thunder51 at yahoo.co.uk
Subject: LL-L "Language politics" 2012.05.23 (01) [EN]

The important thing to remember is that in the post Roman Empire times,
when Latin was the "World", or at least European language, it was actually *
nobody's* language. It allowed Newton to communicate with Leibnitz, but
gave neither a native speaker advantage - or disadvantage.
English, or indeed Mandarin, will never achieve that position.

Paul
Derby
Danelaw