LL-L "Resources" 2012.11.03 (01) [EN]

Lowlands-L lowlands.list at GMAIL.COM
Sat Nov 3 07:12:31 UTC 2012

 L O W L A N D S - L - 03 November 2012 - Volume 01
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Michael McCartin michael_mccartin at verizon.net

Subject: LL-L "Resources" 2012.11.02 (03) [EN]

Thanks for the welcome and the answer. I hope that's not the case, but I'll
keep trying from time to time and try to limp along without it in the
meantime.

With Gratitude,
Mike
Florida, USA

----------

From: Mustafa Umut Sarac mustafaumutsarac at gmail.com

BBC is restricting itself to England. When you visit bbc.co.uk/iplayer ,
BBC computer sends a message to your machine and measures the distance. It
doesnt only look to your ip address but the distance on the cable. If it
finds you at outside of England , it bans your access to video content ,
big loss for antique lovers , Michael Palin or Top Gear program. But if you
google expat shield software and download to your computer free , you can
access to BBC iplayer video content with getting an ip address and server
from England - its all automatic- and be able to watch the programs.

I must warn you free software opens many advertisement pages and restricts
to access to google for first ONE MINUTE but than everything goes smooth.

I am accessing all programs from Istanbul with 1 megabit connection with
high quality sound and video quality.

There are least 40 programs to watch everyday and dont miss lifestyle
programs , they are great.

There is an subscription version to expat shield software where there are
no advertisement.

Opera and Google Chrome is great and dont forget to update your flash
player from adobe com.

Good luck and I am following the mails , if you have trouble with new
software , I will try to help you.

Somedays , especially Sundays and Evening hours , some slowness can occur
due to BBC not your software.

Umut
Istanbul

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>

Subject: Resources

Thanks for the very useful information, Mustafa.

By the way, I take it you meant "the United Kingdom" when you said
"England."

Seattle, USA
<http://scotstext.org/>

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com