LL-L "Help!" 2012.11.07 (01) [EN-NDS-NL]

Lowlands-L lowlands.list at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 7 19:09:31 UTC 2012

 L O W L A N D S - L - 07 November 2012 - Volume 01
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: M.-L. Lessing marless at gmx.de <douglas.hinton at gmail.com>
Subject: LL-L "Help!" 2012.11.06 (01) [DE-EN-NDS-NL]

Dear all,

thanks a lot to all of you, I have forwarded the mail with your
interpretations to my friend. He has been about this issue for more than 2
years and will be very glad to get new clues. Personally I think Roland's
reading most plausible. Oddly, my friend already had hints that the text
should be Flemish Platt (or Flemish?). How does this come about? Have there
been Flemish people over to Norway, or has the plate been imported? Maybe
the history of the plate is known in Norway.

Hartlich Dank nocheens!

Marlou

----------

From: Hannelore Hinz <hannehinz at t-online.de> <hannehinz at t-online.de>
Subject: Entziffern einer Inschrift

Hallo Marlou un all' Lowlanners.

Dunnerlüchten, dat is wohrhaftig ne hart Noet. Bether hett all' mien
Utkundschaften noch nicks nich nütt.
Mi süll mal verlangen, wat hier bi rutsuert.
Ick heff snükert in "Tausend Jahre Plattdütsch I un II". All'ns för de Katt.
Also, aftäuwen. (Abwarten)

Holt jug fuchtig!

Hanne

----------

From: Arend Victorie victorie.a at home.nl

Moi Marlou ‘t döt mij middelnederlaands an.

‘t neigt mij naor ‘t Diets.

Arend Victorie

----------

From: Luc Vanbrabant lucv32 at gmail.com

Helllo,

Here is my interpretation. I belief like Roland that it is in Western
Flemish.
The sentence was
NV.BYDT.EN.NERSTYCH.WERCHT.SO.KORT.V.TYT.LOOEN.DAT.STERCK.
It should begin with the word *Dat*

.DAT.STERCK.NV.BYDT.EN.NERSTYCH.WERCHT.SO.KORT.V.TYT.LOOEN
I think there is a V after  TYT,
and looien could be logen (leugen = E: lie)
and the H in WERCHT is a K
.DAT.STERCK.NV.BYDT.EN.NERSTYCH.WERCKT.SO.KORT.V.TYT.V.LOGEN
Transcription
Dutch: Dat sterk nu bidt en naarstig werkt zo kort uw tijd uw leugen.
English: Pray strong now and work hard, so shortens your time your lie.

Groetjes,
Luc Vanbrabant
Oekene

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com