LL-L "Travel" 2012.10.04 (02) [EN]

Lowlands-L lowlands.list at GMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 4 17:58:04 UTC 2012

 L O W L A N D S - L - 04 October 2012 - Volume 02
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: "Yasuji Waki" <yasuji at amber.plala.or.jp>

Subject: Travel

Ron san and other Lolanders,

>From 17. Sept to 02. Oct(Japan time) I travelled to some cities in North
Germany to see my friends.
On 19. Sept. I visited the statue of Heidi Kabel in from of the Ohnsorg
Theater, but not the theater.
Next day I vivisted Schwerin and met our friend Hannelore Hinz and walked
through this fine city, then talked many things about myself and so on.
Next day I visited a family in Ploen by train and they speak Plattdeutsch
each other,but Hochdeutsch with me. On 22.Sept they invited me to a
Plattdeutsch theater in Laboe. Maybe only one is me, who could not laugh at
the conversation on the stage. But, I foud the drama's atmosphere.
IN Brokdorf I stayed by Frau Feldtmann and there came Mr and Mrs. Juergen
Hebold. I met ati first, them 7 and a half years ago.  Juegen gave me
several books writen in Platt, including Rudolf Kinau. From there I visited
Husum, Stom musium and archive.Through Soest and Inserlohn, my last visited
place was Remscheid in Ruhr Gebiet. There lived my very old pen pal, her
grandfather is Arno Holz, "Schriftsteller" from Ostpreussen, and she and
her husband invited me to a concert of "Misa Solemnis" of Bethoven, in
Koeln. It was very fine and "wunderschoen".
It iwas a rather hard trave to me, because I had to to speak mostly German,
but I would not speak English. Ik snak Platt blots een beten.

Hartlich Greuten,
Yasuji Waki

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com