LL-L "Resources" 2014.01.19 (01) [EN]

Lowlands-L lowlands.list at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jan 19 19:31:03 UTC 2014

 L O W L A N D S - L - 19 January 2014 - Volume 01
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Luc Hellinckx luc.hellinckx at gmail.com
Subject: LL-L "Resources"

Beste Ron,

Beste Laaglanders,

For those of you who would like to hear how Middle Dutch may have sounded:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vogala/id788511078

The app now contains roughly 30 medieval texts, and will be updated on a
regular basis. Each text has been translated into Modern Dutch as well, so
it's easy to follow. Free of charge.

Kind greetings,

Luc Hellinckx, Halle, Belgium

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Resources

Thanks, Luc!

The link does not work for me. After I finally connected with the alleged
page, clicking on the various icons does not get me anywhere, and I tried
three browsers.

The link I provided is only meant to give interested people some brief
information. "Vogala" is not a website, but an app, that's an application
you have to install on a tablet. So far, the app only exists for iOS,
Apple's mobile software platform.
In future, a version for Android and a webversion will also be available.

Vogala <http://www.vogala.org/>

From: Henno Brandsma hennobrandsma at hetnet.nl
Subject: LL-L "Resources" 2014.01.18 (04) [EN]

I think that the issues are: this works on an iOS device and maybe on a
Mac. Secondly, app stores have local restrictions, so the app might only
have been released for the Dutch and Belgian local app stores, not all
global ones.

My 2 cents,

Henno Brandsma

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com