[Lowlands-l] Google Translate

Lowlands Languages & Cultures lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Jul 21 07:53:55 UTC 2017

Hello all,

in the wake of the Google and Facebook topic, I would like to add that
these people https://swiftkey.com/de are working on a Low German
keyboard app. If you look up the supported languages here
https://swiftkey.com/de/keyboard/android/, you don't see it, but here
https://support.swiftkey.com/hc/en-us/articles/201598431-What-languages-are-currently-supported-for-SwiftKey-on-Android-
it is listed. Don't ask me how to install Low German for the app, I hate
typing on a smartphone and haven't got the app.

As to the dialect or type of Low German implemented there, it will be
rather strict Sass Platt. My friend Hein Thies http://heinrichthies.de/,
a man of immeasurable merit and unceasing activity for Platt, is working
on it and supplying the Swiftkey people with his word lists for the Sass
Dictionaries http://sassplatt.de/ which he updates and continues. But of
course the app is thought to "learn" from it's user, so it should be
possible to train it to any other dialect... I would like to know, but
still I won't install the app :-)

Hartlich Gröten from North Germany!

Marlou