Modern Nahuatl data needed

Tomas Amando Amaya Aquino t_amaya at megared.net.mx
Mon Oct 15 11:35:25 UTC 2012

Sasaki san / Sasakatzin

Fron the nahuatl of Cuetzalan:
Example 1
"You will be leader" --> Titayecanque tiyezqui
"I was rich" --> Nitomineh nicatca
Example 2
You will become leader --> Titayecanque timochihuaz
Example 3
Ahmo ximochoquili yn tehuantzin, in cachi cualli ma timihtotican
(Do not cry please, let us dance, it is better!)
Example 4
You are a real priest --> Tinelli (yn) titeopixcat
Here you could have several combinations:
Nelli in titeopixcat --> really you are a priest
In nelli yn titeopixcat --> it is true that you are a priest
Yn nelly in titeopixcat --> what ist true is that you are a priest.
Just to make you think. And I hope I have helped you.

Tomas Amaya