OLAC-Outreach "Office hours" in Boston

Heidi Johnson hjohnson at MAIL.UTEXAS.EDU
Mon Nov 10 22:40:09 UTC 2003

Jeff has volunteered to collect flyers and handouts or whatevers from
all of us to put in the LINGUIST room at LSA in Boston. Jeff, could
you give us a deadline for these things, and let us know what sorts
of formats we need to produce? Should we mail copies to the hotel
in Boston, for example? (You're surely not volunteering to make
copies of everything...)

Jeff wrote:
> [...] I find the lack of good examples to be
> probably one of the most daunting aspects of implementing OLAC
> metadata.
Nick Thieberger has some very nice examples from PARADISEC, that he
could probably be persuaded to share. They also have brochure-like
materials. I'll ask him for them.

> [re: info about digitizing] A one/two page document entitled:
> "So, you're thinking about digitizing..." would be good. The info. is
> probably out there and just needs to be brought together.
I might have a little of this sort of thing. I just suddenly remembered
that I'm supposed to talk about file formats at a workshop next week,
so obviously I'll have to pull something together! But that Resource
Creation group ought to have something, oughtn't they?

Just for fun, I'm attaching a handout I made for some event or other
for AILLA, just as an example, in case any one wants one. This would
probably be our main contribution to the table.

Heidi