Fwd: publisher's booth

Steven Bird sb at CS.MU.OZ.AU
Mon Jul 5 14:52:31 UTC 2004

Heidi (et al),

I'm concerned that office hours in a conference room will hide us away
in an out-of-the-way location again, as happened last time we ran OLAC
"office hours".  My response to the LSA would be that we tried this
already and it didn't work.

I think that the exhibitor's room would give our projects much better
exposure.  In common with the publishers that make up the majority of
exhibitors, we're concerned with the dissemination of the research
results of the community (though language documentation instead of
monographs, and online distribution instead of hardcopy).

-Steven