LSA Annual Meeting Albuquerque 2006

Gary Holton gary.holton at UAF.EDU
Thu Mar 10 17:31:36 UTC 2005

On Mar 10, 2005, at 7:13 AM, Heidi Johnson wrote:

>> 5. IPR and Ethics in audio and video
> I really think we should skip this topic, and skip the funding topic,
> and
> give more time to the technology and methods. We don't have to say
> everything every time.

I agree with Heidi on this. I think my previous comments may have been
misinterpreted. When I said that the IPR issue is a huge one, I meant
that it seems too much too include in a 20 minute presentation. A
little IPR is frustrating. And too much IPR is boring. And in either
case it distracts from the main focus on recording methodology

> Does anyone know anyone at UNM well enough to write to them and ask
> them about some of this? There may already be plans for bringing nearby
> indigenous persons to the meeting...

I can talk to Melissa. She's been involved with several projects in the
area. Which reminds me, NM is a hotbed of IPR issues! Oh well ....

Gary