Doulos SIL font

Greg Aumann Greg_Aumann at SIL.ORG
Fri Mar 20 22:34:21 UTC 2009

The introduction to Doulos SIL states, "This current release is a
regular typeface, with no bold or italic version available or planned."
http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=DoulosSILfont

So what you are seeing is expected behaviour. I expect it was done that
way to avoid the work of designing the other faces. A lot of work.

If you need italic, bold etc then you need to use another font. Charis
SIL is a possibility. Gentium may also be a possibility but currently it
has a much lower inventory of characters. Perhaps it will have all the
symbols you need.

Greg