Transcriber

Christopher Doty suomichris at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 31 04:54:59 UTC 2009

I've had some audio issues with transcriber on Macs as well.  The
solution that has always worked for me is to go to 'Options' > 'Audio'
and be sure that the sampling rate and number of channels is correct.
Transcriber automatically detects this on PCs, but sometimes screws it
up on Macs.  Play around with the settings in there and see if you
can't get it to work.

There is also a newer version of Transcriber available (1.5.1), which
might solve some of your problems.  The direct link to it is
(http://downloads.sourceforge.net/trans/Transcriber-1.5.1-Panther.dmg?use_mirror=voxel).
 It says 'Panther' in the title, but should run fine on your MacBook
Pro as well (I'm running it under Leopard on mine with no problems).

There is also a native Mac transcription program called Transcriva
(which is sadly US$30)—haven't used it, but it looks promising:
http://www.bartastechnologies.com/products/transcriva/

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Chris