SD card to SD card transfer?

Jeff Good jcgood at BUFFALO.EDU
Mon Oct 11 21:59:13 UTC 2010

Hello Andrea,

I have never tried them, but I recall someone once suggesting that devices like this one might be good for the kind of situation you describe:

http://www.amazon.com/eXtreme3-Digital-Hi-Speed-Backup-Storage/dp/B0021AELI4/ref=pd_cp_p_2

It doesn't copy from one SD card to another. Rather, it's a portable battery-powered hard drive that basically copies all material from any SD card you put in them. So, it offers a kind of backup. It's marketed to people who want to back up their photos without a computer. I guess one would want to test that it works all right with sound files, too, but I think the devices are designed to be pretty stupid and just copy whatever they find on a card you put in them.

Jeff