[RNLD] ERA reporting of archive deposits as NTROs (in Australia)

Simon Musgrave simon.musgrave at MONASH.EDU
Wed Aug 6 02:02:41 UTC 2014

Hi Mark,

In terms of the acceptance of collections as research outputs, I don't
think that the ARC will be the problem. The initial conversation we had at
ALS2011 with the then chair of the relevant panel had us explaining what
such collections consisted of and how they were prepared and him responding
along the lines "well of course that is research, how could it not be?" But
as the slides explain (IIRC), the ARC put the onus for establishing quality
standards back on us. In your current situation, it seems as though this
will mean convincing an 'expert review board'. I can only hope that what we
put in the 2012 talk can contribute to swaying such a board.

Good luck!

Best, Simon

Simon.Musgrave at monash.edu

<http://users.monash.edu.au/~smusgrav/index.html>