[RNLD] Publications - Personal naming practices in Indigenous groups in Australia

Michael Walsh michael.walsh at sydney.edu.au
Thu May 14 01:04:35 EDT 2020

Hi Lesley

Some years ago I published a paper about introduced personal names: 2016  Introduced personal names for Australian Aborigines: adaptations to an exotic anthroponymy. In Laura Kostanski and Guy Puzey (eds) People, Places, Perceptions and Power, 32-46. Clevedon: Multilingual Matters

I also presented a paper about 10 years ago: Layers of personal naming in Aboriginal Australia. ICOS, Barcelona, 5-9 August 2011

But I have not written it up.

Dunno whether this will be of any help?

Best regards

Michael