query about palm leaf manuscripts <fwd>

Doug Cooper doug at th.net
Fri Apr 14 13:06:25 UTC 2000

Somebody may be interested in handling this query from
young Shadow, as well as joining me in speculating on
a) his/her gender, and b) the names of his/her siblings, if any.

   I've put the image, which is rather clear (albeit sideways),
on line at http://seasrc.th.net/temp/palm.jpg

  -- Doug

>From: "shadow" <eltopo8 at earthlink.net>
>To: <doug at nwg.nectec.or.th>
>Subject: THAI WRITING
>Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 11:23:23 -0700
>   HI DOUG, MY NAME IS SHADOW AND I AM DOING A REPORT  FOR MY 7th GRADE
>CLASS ON OLD PALM LEAVES THAT MY DAD HAS HAD  FOR MANY YEARS. CAN YOU TELL
>ME HOW OLD, WHERE THERE FROM AND WHAT THEY SAY?  THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP,
>SHADOW P.S. IF YOU CANT HELP ME, DO KNOW WHO CAN?
          1425 VP Tower, 21/45 Soi Chawakun
        Rangnam Road, Rajthevi, Bangkok, 10400
    doug at th.net (662) 246-8946  fax (662) 246-8789

  Southeast Asian Software Research Center, Bangkok
  http://seasrc.th.net         -->  SEASRC Web site
  http://seasrc.th.net/sealang --> SEALANG Web site