Czech Literature Translations

Angelika Meyer ameyer at leland.stanford.edu
Wed Mar 1 10:17:14 UTC 1995

>Date:    Sun, 26 Feb 1995 15:13:24 EST
>From:    Greg Calahan <100132.127 at compuserve.com>
>Subject: Czech Literature Translations
>
>I am looking for sources to help in the translation of Czech literature. My
>father-in-law has just had his second book (poetry and prose) published in the
>Czech Republic. He has received some acclaim (one of the "Ten Best" of 1994:
>P.E.N.), but the market for most books there is relatively small. He would like
>to get some of his works translated into English and/or German.
>
>Could anyone suggest some sources, either in the states or in Europe?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Greg Calahan
>100132,127 at compserv.com

For a translation into German, contact Natascha Drubek-Meyer and Holt Meyer
at the Slavic Department (Slavistische Fakultaet) of the University of
Potsdam, Germany. They specialize in modern Czech literature.

Sorry, I don't have a zip code or an email address for them, but Potsdam is
quite small and a letter should get there even with an incomplete address.

Tell them I suggested to you to contact them.

Greetings, Angelika Meyer
PS: No relations, just the same last name.