No need to panic ...

David J Birnbaum djbpitt+ at pitt.edu
Tue Oct 24 01:55:09 UTC 1995

Dear Fellow AATSEEL Members,

The flood of messages I have received in the half hour that has elapsed
since my posting about the revised program schedule suggests that my
wording was inadvertently alarmist. So let me try again ...

The program published in the October newsletter went to press in the
middle of September. A lot of program changes have been received since
then, and I have incorporated those changes into the program wherever
possible. I cannot add new panels at this late date, but I have added new
papers and discussants and I have changed paper titles and panelist
affiliations when asked to do so.

I have not changed the times of any panels except when the panel chairs
have requested that I do so, and have notified all panelists personally in
advance. If your panel is listed in the October newsletter and your chair
has not told you about a change in time, your time has not changed.  I
move panels only in exceptional circumstances, and have moved only two so
far (due to conflicts with the MLA).

If you do not have web access but do have ftp access, you may connect by
anonymous ftp to ftp.pitt.edu and enter directory dept/slavic/aatseel,
where you can pick up program_schedule.txt. This is a plain text version
of the current program schedule.

Please note that prior to this year, your October newsletter would have
been just as out of date as it is this year. The difference is that you
would not have known about any changes until you got to the conference.
Since this year I maintain the program electonically, I saw no reason not
to share information with those of you who have web access as I receive
it.

With apologies for any confusion, and still looking forward to seeing you
in Chicago,

David
Professor David J. Birnbaum      djbpitt+ at pitt.edu
The Royal York Apartments, #802  http://www.pitt.edu/~djbpitt/
3955 Bigelow Boulevard           voice: 1-412-624-5712
Pittsburgh, PA  15213  USA       fax:   1-412-624-9714