Job announcements

Robert Beard rbeard at bucknell.edu
Sun Aug 25 12:29:22 UTC 1996

Here! Here!  The job postings play a large role in Bucknell's strategy for
(re)building enrollments.  About half our graduating class get their first
jobs in Russia; some have left the USA without jobs or leads.  Knowing that
there are jobs which take advantage of their skills is a great comfort to
students deciding whether to major or continue in graduate studies.

--Bob

At 02:16 AM 8/25/96 EDT, you wrote:
>Let me add my voice to those of others who have endorsed the forwarding to
>SEELANGS of these job postings.  A *lot* of grad students (and undergrads, I
>surmise) visit SEELANGS periodically to see what's up.  If we want to entice
>them into our profession (or simply to show them that our profession is open to
>and interested in promoting the many possible career avenues that proficiency
>with Russian and the other languages with which we deal), then these postings
>are of great value.
>
>--Jerry Ervin
>Associate Prof. (Emeritus), Ohio State University

Robert Beard                            Bucknell University
Russian & Linguistics Programs          Lewisburg, PA 17837
rbeard at bucknell.edu                            717-524-1336
Russian Program http://www.bucknell.edu/departments/russian
Morphology on Internet      http://www.bucknell.edu/~rbeard