Job announcements

Andrea Nelson anelson at brynmawr.edu
Wed Aug 28 15:53:38 UTC 1996

At 02:16 AM 8/25/96 EDT, Jerry Ervin wrote:
>Let me add my voice to those of others who have endorsed the forwarding to
>SEELANGS of these job postings.  A *lot* of grad students (and undergrads, I
>surmise) visit SEELANGS periodically to see what's up.  If we want to entice
>them into our profession (or simply to show them that our profession is open to
>and interested in promoting the many possible career avenues that proficiency
>with Russian and the other languages with which we deal), then these postings
>are of great value.
>
>--Jerry Ervin
>Associate Prof. (Emeritus), Ohio State University

I just wanted to comment on how good it felt to read Professor Ervin's
statement that graduate students are to be "enticed" and that our profession
is "open to and interested in promoting ... many possible career avenues."
It is very important for young scholars to hear these kinds of statements
from senior faculty as we attempt to enter what can be a gruelling and
intimidating job search process which, hopefully for many of us, will lead
to employment.

Thank you Professor Ervin!

Sincerely,

Andrea Nelson (Ph.D. Candidate)