Zamiatin

H.B.M. Wiegers WIEGERS at let.RUG.NL
Tue Jan 30 14:29:35 UTC 1996

Who could inform me where to find the Russian texts of the following
three plays of Evgenii Zamiatin:

- Istoriia goroda Glupova
- Peshchera
- Sensaciia

It seems that the book E. Zamiatin, P'esy, Moskva, Iskusstvo 1991,
ISBN 5-210-00195-4, has never been edited.
Or could anyone make a suggestion about where to search eventually
unedited texts or even the manuscripts involved?

Furthermore I have a second question: How would one translate "Rzhui
Rim" in E. Zamiatin, Atilla, Tragediia v chetyrekh deistviiakh, first
act, first clause of "Kmeti, strazha" (in: Neimanis, 1982, E.
Zamiatin, Sochineniia, tom vtoroi, page 403).

Thank you for your kind and early reply!

Ben Wiegers
Slavic Department
University of Groningen
the Netherlands