Pre-Revolutionary Books

Stephany Gould slgould at students.wisc.edu
Tue May 7 02:01:45 UTC 1996

 In the spring and summer of 1994, (and, if I remember correctly, last
summer as well) books printed before the 1940s were officially not allowed
to be exported.

As a side note, the silliest part was that _anything_ labeled as a
"dictionary" or "encyclopedia" also needed special permission to be sent
out.  Therefore I officially needed to get special permission and to pay a
special fee to send out the very scholarly and important 100-page book
entitled  _The Encyclopedia of Dream Interpretation_.

Stephany Gould
Dept. of Slavic Languages             Learning Support Services
University of Wisconsin-Madison
1432 Van Hise Hall                    279 Van Hise Hall
1220 Linden Drive
Madison WI 53706
(608) 243-7833                        slgould at students.wisc.edu
Fax: 262-7579