Ne AATSEELom edinym: SLAVIC at MLA!

Alina Israeli aisrael at american.edu
Tue Dec 2 18:12:40 UTC 1997

Françoise,
Toronto happens to be on the Northen shore of the lake, while Chicago is on
the Southern, it sure helps to avoid snow squalls (as all of us who lived
on the Southern shores of the Great lakes can attest to).

>Toronto is a great city. And unlike Chicago, it knows how to handle winter:
>proper and effective plowing, undergound passages everywhere, adequate and
>frequent public transport galore. I'll take Toronto over Chicago anytime.
>I'd prefer Tahiti, actually.

That would not be bad, but the AAASS in Hawaii was nearly empty, every one
(from those northern parts) was on the beach (and made sure that got a tax
deduction for it).

Alina