Blue Devillishness

Sibelan Forrester sforres1 at swarthmore.edu
Tue Mar 11 15:21:00 UTC 1997

Duke's Slavic Department, and wanted to say that things at Duke are quite
different from what you have heard.  First, the Graduate Program has not
been disbanded; rather, new admissions have been suspended for one year (or
until we have hired another faculty member).  Second, Thomas Lahusen has
not indicated that he is leaving.  And third, no one has proposed that I
move to the Program in Literature (as I'm the only junior faculty member, I
assume this statement refers to me).

Thanks for asking about the situation at Duke, and--please help us to
spread the (accurate) word on what is happening here.  I am not on
SEELANGS, but feel free to e-mail at <gheith at acpub.duke.edu>

Best wishes, Jehanne Gheith