FW: cyrillic

Yoshimasa Tsuji yamato at yt.cache.waseda.ac.jp
Fri Jul 17 03:56:17 UTC 1998

Mike Berry says
   |I still use Wordperfect 5.1 for Russian and have no complaints...
   |I have a large number of files in AV format (dos 866). It is possible
   |to convert WP cyrillic to "normal" dos 866 if WP is loaded with the
   |instruction wp/cp=899. If the text is saved as generic this becomes
   |regular Dos 866.

That's right. I would like to advise you to convert them to
cp=1251 encoding simply because cp866 is phasing out.

  One commendable method is using "translit.exe", which is
found everywhere on the internet.

  As a last resort, you could print your files on paper, scan them,
and let an OCR save the text in MS Word7 format. Many publishers do
so when they receive manuscripts in floppies and wish to avoid the
trouble of format conversion.

Cheers,
Tsuji