Russian textbook recommendation??

Andrew Jameson a.jameson at dial.pipex.com
Fri Oct 23 10:26:09 UTC 1998

May I suggest something designed exactly for the situation you are in:
Ruslan Russian, by John Langran. It is designed for an adult audience
taught at 2 hpw, is very new, but well-tested, and is based on TEFL
methodology. Each lesson is presented using a large culturally
authentic drawing (photocopiable) which can be the basis of many
exercises which do not involve the use of English. A typical lesson
sequence is: statement of aims/dialogue/vocab/exercises/reading/writing
/listening/speaking, all communicative and purposeful exercises.
There are teachers notes containing extra activities and language games
and a CD-Rom.
The author is reachable on: JohnLangran at compuserve.com
John is a colleague, but I wouldn't mention his book unless I thought
it was of value.
Andrew Jameson
Russian Language Committee, ALL, UK.