MAU

Robert De Lossa rdelossa at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Aug 20 12:48:02 UTC 1999

Dear Fellow Ukrainianists,

What can I say? Vitaly Chernetsky (a native Odessan) alerted me early this
morning to the fact that Londonskaya _IS_ open, as is the _Krasnaya_. I
confirmed with the receptionist at Londonskaya, who greeted my retelling of
what MAU in Kyiv said yesterday with a hearty "Chto vy?" She said that as
long as you have a reservation, there will be no problem with rooms.
Krasnaya is the one under "remont," but only on its facade; otherwise it is
fully functioning. Also, note that I spoke first with another hotelier in
Odesa who told me Krasnaya was closed, Londonskaya is open. Seems only the
people actually in the buildings know what's going on.

Those who want to get back into Londonskaya, the front desk number is
380-482-22-50-19.

Best,

Rob De Lossa
Secretary-Treasurer, American Association for Ukrainian Studies

P.s. Just got a fax from MAU confirming the above and giving fresh
coordinates in Odesa: 380-482-23-64-27; oswita at paco.net. Those who wish to
be met when they arrive in Odesa should call or e-mail as soon as possible.

Robert De Lossa
Director of Publications
Ukrainian Research Institute, Harvard University
1583 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge, MA 02138
617-496-8768; fax. 617-495-8097
reply to: rdelossa at fas.harvard.edu
http://www.sabre.org/huri/