Tolstoy Studies Journal

Donna Orwin dorwin at chass.utoronto.ca
Sat Dec 18 02:51:12 UTC 1999

Dear Colleagues,

Volume XI of Tolstoy Studies Journal is at the printer right now and
will be ready next week.  We invite all of you to subscribe for
yourselves and for your libraries.  You can find subscription
information at our website: www.utoronto.ca/tolstoy.

Here is the Table of Contents for Volume XI:

TABLE OF CONTENTS
A. Articles

Liza Knapp, "Tue-la! Tue-le!":  Death Sentences, Words, and Inner
Monologue
in Tolstoy's Anna Karenina and "Three More Deaths"

Hugh McLean, "Hemingway and Tolstoy: A Pugilistic Encounter"

Irina Paperno, "`Who, What is I?': Tolstoy in his Diaries"

C. J. G. Turner, "Tolstoy and Herodotus"

Ruth Warner, "Divining the Future: The Sviatki Celebration in War and
Peace"

B. Archival Research

Andrew Donskov, "N. N. Strakhov's Correspondence with L. N. Tolstoy
(1894 1896)"

C. Research Note

Alexis Klimoff, "Is it `Livin' or "Lkvin'?"`

D. Tolstoy Scholarship in Russia and Abroad

Paul Haddock, Recent Publications and Annotated Bibliography for
1997-1999

Mark Conliffe, Supplement to the Annotated Bibliography for 1996-1997

E. Reviews

Dragan Milivojevic, Leo Tolstoy and The Oriental Religious Heritage
(Richard F. Gustafson)

Lidiia D. Opul'skaia, Lev Nikolaevich Tolstoi. Materialy k biografli s
                      1892 po 1899 god.  (A. A. Donskov)

Daniel Rancour-Laferriere, Tolstoy on the Couch: Misogyny, Masochism
              and the Absent Mother (William Nickell)

I. B. Remizov, L. N. Tolstoi: Dialogi vo vremeni (Gina Kovarsky)

Lev Tolstoj. Guerra e pace  [Voina i mir]. Translated by Enrichetta
Carafa
                d'Andria (Carlo Testa)

L. N. Tolstoi. Ispoved'. Edited by Galina Galagan (Gary R. Jahn)

L. N. Tolstoi i F. A. Zheltov. Compiled by L. V. Gladkova, edited by
             Andrew Donskov (Robert Whittaker)

Tolstoy's The Death of Ivan Il'ich. A Critical Companion. Edited by Gary

                  R. Jahn (Amy Mandelker)

Vasily Staroi. Pierre and Natasha  (Ludmilla A. Trigos)

Paolo and Vittorio Taviani's Saint Michael Had a Rooster (Carlo Testa)

David Holbrook. Tolstoy, Woman, and Death: A Study of War and Peace and
Anna Karenina (Hugh McLean)

Tolstoy Studies Journal is a refereed journal. We encourage you to
submit for consideration research on any subject related to Tolstoy.

Sincerely,

Donna Orwin, Editor
Tolstoy Studies Journal