images of poets

Benjamin Rifkin brifkin at facstaff.wisc.edu
Thu May 6 18:29:48 UTC 1999

For a web site I'm putting together for a course I'm teaching, I'm looking
for images of famous Russian poets (19th and 20th century) that can be used
without copyright restriction.  Does anyone know of such images that I could
use for in-house surfing (i.e. students of my course, not available to
outsiders) without fee?

Thanks for the help!

Poets included in my search are:  Pushkin, Lermontov, Tiutchev, Fet,
Nekrasov, Khlebnikov, Akhmatova, Balmont, Maiakovskii, Belyi, Blok,
Tsvetaeva, Akhmadulina, Pasternak, Nabokov, Gippius, Goranevskaia, Okudzhava
(listed in pedagogical order, not in chronological or alphabetical order --
my apologies!)

Ben Rifkin

Benjamin Rifkin, Assoc. Prof. of Slavic Languages, UW-Madison
Coordinator of Russian-Language Instruction
1432 Van Hise Hall, 1220 Linden Dr., Madison, WI  53706
voice:  608/262-1623; fax:  608/265-2814