Eavesdropping

Daf daf at MEIRIONNYDD.FORCE9.CO.UK
Fri Mar 17 18:22:32 UTC 2000

 Several of you
> mentioned _Hero of Our Time_, which my colleague here actually recalled
> reading in the Penguin edition on a train between New York and
> Springfield some fifty years ago.

That really made laugh remembering when, before taking my A level Russian
20 years ago, I read it on the underground each day between Notting Hill
and Hoborn [three trains, two changes] on my way to college. I had two
paperbacks, Eng and Russ, one on each knee and got so engrossed every day
that I kept missing my changes and rattling back and forth. I was late
every day until I finished the book.
It obviously lends itself to train reading.
Daf
Meirionnydd Languages
[web page- http://www.meirionnydd.force9.co.uk ]