Russian Television

K.L.Moody RUP99KLM at SHEFFIELD.AC.UK
Thu May 25 08:58:32 UTC 2000

Dear Seelangers,

I have a query about Russian television. Until recently I have been
watching an analogue broadcast of ORT here in the UK. The
University has recently switched to digital.

Is there a different version of ORT being broadcast for non-Russian
countries? I have noticed that under the ORT slogan there is the
word "mezhdunarodnnoe". I am sure this wasn't there when I
watched the analogue channel.

I am asking because I am interested in the advertising, and there
seems to be very little advertising shown on the digital channel. I
was also wondering if there were any other Russian digital
channels that are available in the UK.

Any information would be greatfully received.

best wishes
Karen Moody