Russian Amazon.com

Jill Bain jill.bain at STRATH.AC.UK
Tue Sep 26 08:48:48 UTC 2000

I have used them quite regularly over the last year, and have had some
minor problems - late arrival of books, them being unable to get hold of
one or two books after they were ordered, but they now only debit cards
when the order is sent out, so there has been one minor problem with my
credit card, about which they were very apologetic, and which was sorted
out immdiately.  On the positive side, they have one HUGE advantage over
all the other such sites I've come across - price.  They charge the same
price (Russian price) for the books etc whether you are Russian or
foreign, and don't make you use courier services for delivery as a
couple of the other Russian sites do.  Everything they sent has arrived
- and I use the Russian postal service, though they do offer other
options.  For a postgrad price and delivery costs are a major
consideration.  They also have a far larger range of goods, both in
terms of the books and of video and music than any other such internet
shop.

Not perfect, but I'm still using them!

Jill Bain

--