INTERNET in Russian

AATSEEL Exec Dir AATSEEL at COMPUSERVE.COM
Wed Apr 18 17:50:13 UTC 2001

Dear colleagues,

I've seen INTERNET in Russian a couple of ways with regard to stress:

     INternet vs. interNET

Can anyone tell me which is preferred/more common?

Also, I've seen it used as a declinable noun (e.g., PO INTERNETU); but I've
seen it listed as a non-declinable masculine.  Which is right?  If
non-declinable, is it truly masculine insofar as agreement is concerned?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jerry

*****