Greetings!

murphydt murphydt at SLU.EDU
Sat Jul 14 13:01:52 UTC 2001

Jon,
     How thoughtful of you to write. Best of luck with the
new location and with the new circumstances of your family's
life.
     Things are rather quiet in St. Louis--actually, I am
writing to you just now from St. Petersburg, where I am
taking a crash course in drevnerusskaya kul'tura. I'll only
be here for about two weeks altogether, but it has been
worth the trip. The instruction is excellent and I haven't
been "in-country" for three years. My heart goes out to
Russia and her people.
     Again, best of luck with the new location and the new
position. Perhaps our paths will cross again.
     Best, Dave