how to send/receive email in cyrillic

Yoshimasa Tsuji yamato at YT.CACHE.WASEDA.AC.JP
Sun May 27 00:53:31 UTC 2001

Hello,
  You don't need to worry yourself at all since your letter is
perfectly formatted. Look, your e-mail says

One funny thing you have got here is that your language is
English but in Russian standard font set(tochno govorj, encoding).
But as X-Accept-Language is almost meaningless, that shouldn't matter.
(I don't write X-Accept-Language in my mail: have a look at mine).

There used to be many sites who did not like 8bit, allowing 7bit only.
So try 7bit, encoding your whole e-mail by base64 or any other
encapsulating method (the software will encode your 8bit Russian
characters into 7bit ASCII codes; and your recipient will decode
it back to Russian; all the intervening sites will relay ASCII
characters).

Your friend may be using a dated software (many Russians, particularly
in arts ("humanitarian") departments use Windows3.1 or earlier). In that
case write Russian in Latin characters rather than waste time guessing
what system your friend is in.

Cheers,
Tsuji