2002 MASC canceled Please send to SEELANGS list serve (fwd)

Catharine Nepomnyashchy cn29 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Thu Feb 28 16:39:47 UTC 2002

    The 26th Annual Mid-Atlantic Slavic Conference, which was to be held at
Rutgers, has been canceled because complete panels could not be formed for a
number of our disciplines even though the Executive Board received excellent
proposals for individual papers.
    Next year's conference will be held on March 22, 2003 at Hunter College
in NYC.  Dr. Nadya Peterson at Hunter is our new president.  The deadline
for submission of panel and paper proposals has been set for December 16,
2002.  Please send your proposed paper title and a very brief abstract to be
received by that date to Dr. Mary Theis, Department of Modern Language
Studies, Kutztown University, PO BOX 730, Kutztown, PA 19530.
    Also for the purposes of sending tentative programs and registration
materials, we would like to update our mailing lists.  If you would like to
receive these materials, please send your regular mailing address to the
address above.  I would also appreciate your sending your E-mail address. If
you would like to E-mail that information to me, the address is
Theis at kutztown.edu.
    Thank you,
    Dr. Mary Theis, Executive Secretary-Treasurer      for the Mid-Atlantic
Slavic Conference.