student

Edward M Dumanis dumanis at ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU
Thu Mar 21 22:41:35 UTC 2002

I disagree.
One can study how to play chess.
One can "uchit'sja igrat' v shakhmaty" or "uchit'sja plavat'" but cannot
"stazhirovat'sja" even these are not academic matters and more like
training.
The meaning of "stazhirovat'sja" is very specific and narrow comparing
with the meaning of "uchit'sja."
It is related exclusively to apprenticeship-type situations.

Edward Dumanis <dumanis at acsu.buffalo.edu>