Latest issue of Canadian Slavonic Papers

Gust Olson gust.olson at UALBERTA.CA
Tue Sep 10 15:06:51 UTC 2002

We are pleased to announce that the latest issue of Canadian Slavonic
Papers has just been released: volume 43, no. 4 (December 2001). Visit our
website for the table of contents along with abstracts of the articles in
this issue.

http://www.ualberta.ca/~csp

A brief description of the table of contents follows:

IN MEMORIAM
George Stephen Nestor Luckyj
Oleh S. Ilnytzkyj

ARTICLES

POLITICAL SCIENCE AND HISTORY

Democratization, Social Welfare and Individual Rights in Russia: The Case
of Old-Age Pensions
Andrea Chandler

To Invade or Not to Invade? A New Look at Gomulka, Nagy, and Soviet Foreign
Policy in 1956
Johanna Granville

LITERATURE

The Crisis of the Russian Avant-Garde in Iurii Olesha's Envy
Marina Kanevskaya

Devils, Crows, Women: The Cinema of Dorota Kedzierzawska
Ewa Mazierska

What Really Happens in Kobylians'ka's Land, and Why It Matters
Marko Pavlyshyn

LINGUISTICS

De la relexification en yiddish: Les Juifs, les Sorabes, les Khazars et la
région de Kyiv-Polissia
Paul Wexler

as well as 24 book reviews and the Annual Index.

We invite your contributions to our journal. For more information, check
the website, or contact the editor, Oleh S. Ilnytzkyj at
<oleh.ilnytzkyj at ualberta.ca>